1. K-State home
  2. »Engineering
  3. »ECE
  4. »Graduate
  5. »Current On-Campus Students

Electrical & Computer Engineering

Contact us
Kansas State University
Electrical and Computer Engineering
3108 Engineering Hall
1701D Platt St.
Manhattan, KS 66506
Phone: (785) 532-5600
Fax: (785) 532-1188
Hours: 8 am-12pm, 1pm-5pm M-F

Current On-Campus Students

How do I decide who should be on my Supervisory Committee?

The first step is to identify a Major Professor. Once you've spoken to a faculty member and he/she has agreed to serve in that capacity, you will need to identify two other faculty members to serve on your committee.

How do I prepare my Program of Study?

Once you've selected your Supervisory Committee you will need to complete a Program of Study. Complete instructions for preparing a Program of Study (for both M.S. and Ph.D. students) can be found on the Graduate School's website. The link to the form can be found here:


What do I need to do if I need to make a change to my Program of Study or change a professor who is serving on my Supervisory Committee?

A Program/Committee Change Form must be submitted to the Graduate School. This form can be found by clicking on the following link:


Is enrollment in Graduate Seminar required every semester?

Yes! Grad student seminars will be held regularly throughout the semester. When a seminar is scheduled, announcements will be posted on the graduate bulletin board and an email will be sent to the ECE grad list serv. You are required to attend. Should there be a conflict on the day and/or time please notify Dr. Rys in writing.

How do I get added to the Graduate Student listserv?

Once you've enrolled in your first semester, you should be automatically added to the listserv. If for some reason you are not receiving updates, please let Jennifer in the main office know and she will add your email to the mailing list.

How do I get a key to the building?

Please see Jennifer in the ECE main office to fill out a building key request form.