Computer Engineering Program
The objective of the computer engineering program at K-State is to prepare you for a professional career in engineering. Our goal is to provide you with the best possible education within the guidelines provided by ABET.
The computer engineering curriculum provides the following:
- An understanding of basic sciences, mathematics and communication skills
- A theoretical basis in electrical engineering
- The application of basic concepts to practical problems
- Advanced skills in problem solving where hardware and software trade-offs are necessary
- A strong laboratory experience stressing system design and implementation
- A general education that complements the technical content
- An understanding of the ethical, social, safety and economic factors required for engineering practice
A sequence of advanced courses stressing engineering design prepare the student for the entry-level positions in the profession.
Computer engineering areas of specialization are architecture and design, embedded systems, and mulitimedia and networking.
View a flowchart graphically depicting the curriculum.