Our inter-disciplinary work provides research opportunities in: image-guided interventions, medical devices, applied electromagnetics and antennas, computational modeling, bioheat transfer, and medical instrumentation.
Prospective postdoctoral scholars, graduate students, and undergraduate students interested in pursuing research with the lab are encouraged to contact Dr. Punit Prakash (email@example.com). Please include a brief description of your professional interests and goals, previous academic/research and professional experience, and attach a copy of your CV.
Hojjat Fallahi received KSU University Distinguished Professors Graduate Student Award . Congratulations, Hojjat!
Jan Sebek joined the lab as a post-doctoral researcher.
Small Business Innovation Research Program Provides Seed Funding for R&D
Precision Microwave Inc., founded by Austin Pfannenstiel, has been awarded a National Science Foundation (NSF) Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) grant for $225,000 to conduct research and development (R&D) work on directional microwave ablation (MWA) applicators for minimally invasive treatment of cancer.
- Dr. Prakash has been named the recipient of the Paul L. Spainhour Professorship in Electrical Engineering.
- Hojjat Fallahi won the IEEE Microwave Theory and Technique Society graduate student challenge award at IMS 2018.
- Hojjat Fallahi received IMS 2018 Ph.D. Student Sponsorship Initiative award.
- Hojjat Fallahi received Johnson Cancer Research Center graduate student travel award.
- Congratulations to Ph.D. candidate, Pegah Faridi! She successfully passed her candidacy exam.
- Congrats to Austin Pfannenstiel for successfully defending his master's thesis.
- Pegah Faridi's paper "Evaluating the effect of uterine fibroids on the endometrial ablation profile of a 915 MHz microwave applicator" was accepted in EMBC 2018.
March 2018: Hojjat Fallahi's paper "Measurement of Broadband Temperature-Dependent Dielectric Properties of Liver Tissue" was nominated for the best student paper in IMBioC 2018.
February 2018:Congrats to Dr. Prakash and team on their $1.3M NIH grant to "develop flexible microwave ablation devices with precise control of microwave radiation that can be delivered to lung tumors via a bronchoscope".
January 2018: Congrats to Austin White for starting his career at Boeing.